With Ankeny constantly growing it can be hard to keep up with everything. Check out some city related statistics and news that we learned at the Ankeny Economic Development meeting.
Ankeny Schools System
- 7th largest school district in Iowa
- Growth of 2,000 new students every 5 years
- Average student/instructor ratio lowered to 14.4
- Newsweek ranked Ankeny 2nd best high school in Iowa
- 2015 - Advanced Placement Honor Roll Award
Upcoming School Related News
- Students in grades 5th-12th will each have their own Chromebooks
- Ankeny will have its 11th elementary school by 2020
- Plans for new elementary school in Prairie Trail and another on NW side of town
- Ankeny Area Chamber moving to The District in Prairie Trail
- Plans to repurpose Kirkendall Library into Public Works, Planning & Building, and Parks and Recreation departments
- Plans to build new library with space for city council chambers in Prairie Trail
- Considerations for 3rd fire department on northeast side in near future
What’s Coming to Ankeny?
- The Juice Company East 1st Street
- District 36th (will be similar to Urban Grill) Prairie Trail Opening Fall 2016
- Whiskey River and The Venue (bar/restaurant/entertainment venue) Prairie Trail Opening Spring 2016
- The Fletcher (restaurant) Taking up part of the old Dahls
- Gino’s Distribution Taking up part of the old Dahls
- Pie Five Pizza SW Oralabor, next to Jimmy Johns
- Zombie Burger Northview Centre II on North Ankeny Blvd.
- Plot Twist Bookstore Kimberley Plaza at 502 North Ankeny Blvd.